Happiness is a warm guuuuun.
a year in review. happy happy joy!!!
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Graduated with my Associates in Fine Arts!!!! yay! now just 2 1/2 more years of school.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Progress, prove integrity & self worth, get yo shit together, create, dream big, be a human love letter, work hard to make your own luck, say yes, always love hate will get you everytime, be on time, be early, move past your past, go on a trip, take more pictures, ink, do your best, draw!!!, be a cupcake….
I think I’ve done pretty damn well. Minus the be on time, that I still need more work on :]
for 2010, i’ve got some BIG PLANS brewing.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Nope, but I did lose my first two loves: Michael Jackson and Patrick Swayze
5. What countries did you visit?
I have not been out of the country, ever. sadly. However, I did go to Lexington, Kentucky :]
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Hopefully a vacation, a real one.
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
not a specific date, but some of my favorite times were spent at the No Doubt concert [finally], spending that last night at my dad’s house, dancing the night away at Novak’s, that moment you realize you are infact, a grown up, my final critique at stlcc, super fitness bootcamp with my sister, seeing sonic youth!!!! moving into my apartment, and becoming closer to my mom.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
graduating. and successfully keeping my head above water.
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
oh my goodness, I had an awful absess tooth problem
11. What was the best thing someone bought you?
Best? thats difficult..
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
bills bills bills!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
ALL SORTS OF THINGS!!!!
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Your New Twin Size Bed- Death Cab for Cutie
Bleeder- Alkaline Trio
[these were pretty much my anthems for the year]
see also: everything off Kate Nash’s cd Made of Bricks & 3oh!3’s Want
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) fatter or skinner? skinner
c) richer or poorer? the same?
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
enjoyed the moment.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How do you plan to spend Christmas?
Christmas Eve was spent with my brother watching Prison Break
Christmas Day was spent at my Dad’s with my siblings.
the following sunday was spent at my sister’s with my mom, stepdad, & siblings and followed with a little shindig at my stepsisters.
all in all, delightful.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
this year was extremely difficult and I am extremely grateful for it..
22. How many one night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
the L word, Freaks and Geeks, Dexter, TrueBlood
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I try my absolute hardest to not hate.
25. What was the best book you read?
damn. probably “I wanna be your Joey Ramone”
I reread Choke, Anthem, and Slaughterhouse 5 again :]
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
27. What did you want and get?
90% with about 150% effort
28. What did you want and not get?
just little things I don’t really need. Contentment is the new black.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
probably Coraline, Whip it!, Zombieland, Where the Wild Things Are, Star Trek, & New Moon [yep, im lame]
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
22, and my friend had a party for me at her place and spent the day with my family.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Better time management.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
it started out as the usual jumble, but now I’m moving into a funky tea party meets tough girl thing.
33. What kept you sane?
my amazing friends and constant music.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Oh get out.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Prop 8. So many of the videos made me cry.
36. Who do you miss?
37. Who was the best new person you met?
damn. thats too tough.
38. What was the best thing you ate?
Falafel from Mokabees. So Good.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009?
lesson learned: dwelling on the past will get you nowhere in the future. life is great, go on and embrace it. change what you dislike. stop the hatred. trust yourself.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
sappy pathetic little me, that was the girl i used to be
Sunday Morning, by No Doubt
Stings like a first divorce!
despite the frequency, i will never get used to this. thanks world.
To all the ones that hated me, the most, a toast… You really had me going
happy happy joy joy!!!
i’ve seen more spine in jelly fish, i’ve seen more guts in 11 year old kids.
My common insanity, in a nice short, numerical format. joy!
1. write brilliant paper on swiss design
3. super fitness boot camp
5. study for yoga
6. yoga final
7. more craft time
oh december, you silly minx of a month. always stressful. always rewarding.
sorry im late, i was out spoiling my liver
le tiiiiiiired, good night moon!
My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard!